Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

August Favourites


Helloooo everyone!!!

I feel like this year is going so fast and I cannot believe it is already September, it's time for the new school year and it will be fast approaching Christmas which is super exciting! However, today I am going to be showing you all the things I have been loving during July/August.

Beauty

Through July and August I have been loving the Baby Lips lip balm collection by Maybelline.


My favourite of them is Hydrate. It is my favourite lip balm at the moment and have been using it everyday through the summer months as it really hydrates my lips (just as the name suggests) on a hot summers day. I also own the Pink Punch flavour, but I don't like this one as much as Hydrate as I personally think it's a bit too pink so I rarely tend to use it as much as Hydrate.


My favourite nail polish has been another item by Maybelline! I absolutely love their Colour Show nail polish collection and the shade I have been using the most is Love Lilac. I really wanted a lilac shade for my nails to match a few lilac items in my wardrobe so I went on a hunt and decided on the Maybelline option. It is quite long lasting and a lovely colour so I have been loving wearing it this summer.


Fashion

Recently I bought a vest from Topshop and I love it. It is made from Jersey, so it is really comfortable, yet more of a vest to go out in in the evening - it has lovely lace decoration around the sides of the sleeves and has a really pretty collar with is flowery lace. I own it in white but they do a selection of other colours too. The price is also amazing - comparing to other Topshop items, £16 is really good!

The shoes I am loving are Havianas. I went on holiday this summer and took a pair of cheap flip flops - but they cracked in the suitcase, so I needed some new ones straight away. I bought a pair a little different to your avarage flip-flop; they were more of a sandal too. They had an adjustable strap at the back so they could fit my feet without them slipping off and I could walk long distances in them which I can't do in your avarage flip-flop.


Music

Recently I purchased two fantastic albums; 5 Seconds Of Summer and Ed Sheeran - X.



Before I actually listened to their music, I wasn't a fan of 5 Seconds of Summer. I didn't really like their look (purple hair just isn't my thing, you know?), but before I went to see them support One Direction, I searched them on YouTube to get to know their music properly. I wasn't as keen on She Looks So Perfect to start off with - I still don't think it was the wisest choice as a debut single - but I really liked Don't Stop on the first listen. I had listened to a few of their songs and knew a good amount of the songs they performed supporting One Direction back in May; they were pretty good live actually and I did find myself singing along to the ones I knew. When their album came out my mum bought it for me - she said she thought I'd like it as they sound simular to The Vamps and One Direction - and I was determined to give it a good listen. Turns out the album is really good and might even be one of my favourites of this year! My favourite on the album (by a mile) is Everything I Didn't Say. I LOVE IT! Other favourites include Amnesia, Beside You, Don't Stop and 18.



The other album I've loved is Ed Sheeran - X. It is a fantastic album, if you can't tell by the amount of weeks it has spent at number 1 in the albums chart! My favourite songs on the album are Sing, Don't, Afire Love and All Of The Stars - only on deluxe. I would recommend you getting the deluxe version though, in HMV it's only £2 more expensive than the standard version and it comes in a slip case and the actual CD case is green which excites me more than it probably should do... but I just think it's so cool that the CD case is green instead of just clear with no colour because I've never seen it before, and I don't think you get that in the standard version!




My 10 Top Songs Of This Month:

1. What Are You Waiting For - The Saturdays
2. Happy Little Pill - Troye Sivan
3. Ghost - Ella Henderson
4. A Sky Full Of Stars - Coldplay
5. Superheroes - The Script (this one isn't out yet (you can only listen to it on YouTube), but I have still listened to it all the time! I am so excited for their new album which comes out this month!)
6. Don't - Ed Sheeran
7. Amnesia - 5 Seconds Of Summer
8. Somebody To You - The Vamps
9. Problem - Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea
10. Boom Clap - Charli XCX

So that's about it for my favourites of this month, see you soon!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar