Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Narciso Rodriguez For Her Dupes

Paint by Moonmoon
Dejavu? Yep, I've been here before - I made a post a long while back speaking about my affinity towards Narcisco Rodriguez (NR) For Her - click here. So, if you want an in-depth description of the ins and outs of notes/dupes etc. - read over there. This post is a simple refresher/ update about NR For Her dupes, as to date its one of my most popular posts. Thus, I guess people are really interested in either my take on the fragrance (lolz) or finding out if they're credible dupes (gotcha).

To date, I've only really found/bought one dupe for NR "For Her" although I'm aware of others - Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely, Milton Lloyds Cuba - are just two I've heard of but, I can't vouch for either, as I've not been able to get my mitts on Cuba and Lovely to me doesn't really smell like NR. Instead, I've stuck to Zara Bright Rose which to my senses smells exactly like my precious aka NR For Her EDT. So much so, that I've bought it twice.

Over the years, Zara Bright Rose has undergone several wardrobe changes and a slight reformulation. Yet, it still remains true to its dupe status. The round oval Zara bottle has been in my possession much longer than the rectangular Zara bottle hence, why the writing has rubbed off and it's more than halfway finished. I actually have to credit my consistent use of these dupes for allowing me, to still have NR For Her 30ml in my collection. Otherwise, it would've been finito long ago. 


In order to keep things simple, I've tried my best to answer what you may want to know about the dupe in relation to NR For Her perfume based on questions you have asked (thank you) and other things fragrance reviewers may speak about. As always these are just my thoughts/opinions about how it wears on me, feel free to test it out in-store for yourself and just like anything fragrance is subjective. 

Likeness: On my skin, Bright Rose smells exact but perhaps a tad extra punchier as NR For Her is a tad smoother/softer with a bit more "bark/wood" when it dries down where Bright Rose is sweeter (but only just).

Projection: Takes a while to warm on the skin but after the scent dries down it has a good outward projection for the first 2hrs. Especially when applied to areas around your neck/coat etc. So, if you were to walk by someone or be stuck on the train - peeps would be able to smell you. However, over time the scent is not as initially potent. 

Longevity: Similar to NR, it's quite loud at first and then subsides to a close to the skin scent that can last throughout a long day (8-9hrs) as long as you've applied it to non-exposed parts of your skin and on clothing. I'd recommend applying this scent to clothes as it won't fade/mesh with your pheromones and remain authentic to its own nature. I've found that when doing this the next day if I'm wearing the same jacket/scarf etc. I can still smell it. 

Compliments: Sometimes when I've had this in my bag and freshly applied itI have received comments where people have said I smelt amazingly good and yes I was using the dupe! I've noticed that in the first window (2hrs) is when others notice that scent is me and not "like its been freshly vacuumed" (lol one comment that came at an end of a long day and I knew it was about the musky scent of NR - haha!). 

Season/Occasion: All year. I've worn it going to the shops, being at work, attending interviews, meeting up with friends etc. There's not an occasion where I feel this scent would be necessarily inappropriate unless you're around people who may be sensitive to fragrance and even then, this is not a loud/brash scent that would greatly offend unless you've just sprayed it and it's in the 2hr "wanting to share" phase. 

Do you recommend it? Yep. 

Price: Currently retails at Zara for £15.99 for 100ml (with a new facelift/wardrobe change ... again).

There you have it my up-to-date thoughts on this dupe. Personally, for me, its worth it and I can't see myself ever falling out of love with NR For Her and Bright Rose. I think most people will notice how exacting it is unless of course, your body chemistry wears this different ... or you belong to the pretentious fragrance snob club (yes they do exist) and even they have to admit the outstanding familiarity between the two (does the fragrance snob secret shimmy dance). 
*
Updated Post 08/01/2018 - To answer further questions :)

Your Questions Answered + more info:

Is "Bright Rose" a dupe of NR EDP or EDT? In my opinion, its a dupe for the NR EDT (Black Bottle). I've smelt NR EDP (Baby Pink Bottle) and I'd say its pretty similar to NR EDT but, more floral and softer.

Is Rose by Zara a dupe for NR EDT? I haven't smelt it myself yet, but from what I have read on Fragrantica it looks like its a dupe of Christian Dior's J'adore which is a nice fragrance itself but, completely different in my opinion. If I do smell Rose by Zara I shall update my thoughts for you ... However, in the meantime looking at the notes - *Blackcurrant in Rose by Zara is strikingly different to the other fragrance notes listed in the table below. So my guess is that it might smell fruity which is not how NR For Her EDP & EDT smell.

Fragrance
Narciso Rodriguez
EDP Notes
Narciso Rodriguez
EDT Notes

Bright Rose
by Zara Notes

Rose
by Zara Notes
Fragrance type
Musk
Musk
Spicy/Floral
Floral
Notes
Heart of Musk
Pink floral
Roses
Peach pulp
Soft amber
Heart of Musk
Floral Osmanthus
Soft amber
Patchouli
Cinnamon
Cumin
Grapefruit
Cedar
Vetiver
Patchouli
Musk
Green notes
*Blackcurrant
Freesia
Peony
Rose
Sandalwood
Musk
Supposed Dupes?

What's the difference between NR For Her EDP & EDT? Now, from what I've learned (The Perfume Pros - video) NR For Her was built around a "Heart Of Musk" inspired by Narciso Rodriguez personal Egyptian Musk Oil that he used and a mysterious woman he admired. Thus, since For Her fragrances are built around a "heart of musk" - this can especially blur the lines between For Her EDT & EDP since there are only slight differences in notes. Thus, if you prefer a softer more floral rose scent aim for the EDP whereas if you're after a deeper richer Musk tone that may slightly verge on the masculine/androgynous go for the EDT. Personally, I prefer the EDT and that's the only one I can compare with the dupes I have. Yet, essentially they are cut from the same cloth and I'd say that their song/tune that the EDP & EDT play are not different but the tone is.

What is "NR For Her" Fragrance Family/Group? NR For Her is classified as a Musk scent but, also and most notably a Modern Chypre. Chypre fragrances are said to be based around warm, dry, floral woody notes (information sourced from telegraph). Usually, Chypre perfumes consist of notes based with bergamot, oakmoss, patchouli and labdanum which are said to represent and embody the island of Cyprus (based on François Coty/Gurlains French named Chypre/Cyprus named perfumes) - info/source = Perfume Pros Chypre video.

Any more dupes? Yes - see the chart below :). I haven't tried these myself ... but, they do look promising if you've tried them and they work well let me/us know! :)


Brand
Milton Lloyd
Yodeyma
Perfume Parlour
Name
Cuba 


Nicolas For Her



Narciscos Rodreegez for Women 0314 


Fragrance Type
Floral Chypre
Floral Woody
Musky White Floral
Notes
Orange Blossom
Honey
Amber
Woody
Musk
Orange Blossom
Jasmine
White Musk

Bergamot
African Orange Flower
Amber
Musk
Vetiver
Vanille 
Links


Name
Fragrance Type
Notes
Henry Cottons Fragrance for Women

 Link: Click here
Chypre Floral
Nectarine
Rose
Mandarin Orange
Amber
Lily-Of-The-Valley
White Musk
Patchouli
Sandalwood

Helpful Links from Industry experts: 
The Perfume Pros - Talk about Narciso Rodriguez Musk Oil in their video all about Musk fragrances - they explain where it comes from and the quality it adds to a perfume.

Have you tried Narciso Rodriguez For Her?
Do you know any good Dupes?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
Have a great day/evening
:)

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar