Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

January/February 2016 Declutter and Empties


My blog ramblings have been fewer and farther between lately because there's been a lot going on outside of what I share online. But I've still been diligent in hoarding my empty containers and regularly combing through my collection to weed out the unwanted items. I've been getting increasingly good at letting go of unloved makeup in my collection. Now, that doesn't mean I'm giving away all but three blushes or anything. Nonetheless, I'm steadily streamlining my stash nearly every month which is a good thing. For these posts the photos serve as little reminders to myself of what I've had and let go or thrown out. If I don't provide a mini review for a particular product, feel free to ask me in the comments if you'd like to know my thoughts on something.

Above are some of the latest makeup bits I've decided I won't miss and will get more use from other people. In particular, I'm patting myself on the back for destashing the Catrice blush in Apropos Apricot because I had all six blushes in the range and I used to have a hard time breaking up a "completed" set. The Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eyeshadow in Smoky Hazel Eyes was featured in a recent eyeshadow rediscoveries post but the colors didn't look flattering on my eyes. I'm passing on two nude lip liners from Make Up For Ever and Kevyn Aucoin because I don't ever reach for colored lip liner.


I don't really have any makeup empties aside from a dried up Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara. But I am decluttering a bunch of products that should go in the bin due to old age. The Dr. Jart BB Cream samples are expired which I'm actually upset about because I really like the Water Fuse one. I've had the Clinique eyeshadow duo for ages and I loved the shades so I might repurchase it sometime. The sample Laura Mercier powder actually isn't an empty -- it shattered so I mashed up the pieces into a powder and added it to my jar of Nars Translucent Setting Powder.


I have a couple of non-makeup products that I rarely use anymore that I think my friends would enjoy more. The Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser seemed like a really great deal and it's not a bad product but I just don't reach for it. The Number 4 Blow Dry Lotion and Beauty Protector Argan Oil were gratis that I don't use anymore either. I have more hair oils than I can count so I'm passing these on.


I also rummaged through my sample stash and weeded out the things I won't use. Some of these things I have in full size, I've tried them before or just have no interest in. There's simply no reason for me to hold onto things I don't find joy in using.


Now for the actual empties. A lot of these were really good products that I would purchase again actually. I regularly use the La Roche Posay Toleriane Moisturizer and the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is one of my favorite body lotions. I've been through many packs of Shiseido Facial Cottons and don't see myself switching back to drugstore cotton anytime soon. The Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream is a really pricey moisturizer meant for the face but I used it mostly on my body because I hated the scent.


Skincare is always the easiest thing to use up since I regularly apply it whereas I have plenty of no makeup days. I love the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads and need to restock in my next Sephora order. I've also repurchased the Origins Super Spot Remover numerous times and think it's the best for zapping pesky pimples. I didn't like the Clarins Blue Orchid Facial Oil for my face because it never felt like it sunk into my skin and it seemed to make me break out. I used it up on my body instead. The Yes to Pomegranates Lip Balm was awful because it leaves a white cast on the lips and didn't moisturize.

After taking the pictures for this post, I actually found a couple more items I want to let go of but I'll put those to the side and share them next time. Over the past few years I've found a lot of skincare that works for me and I'm going to try to stick to those products instead of acquiring 189218723 samples for the sake of trying something new every other week. I need to stop buying sets of things just because they're a good value. Hopefully by the end of 2016 my declutter and empties posts will look quite different!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar